RULES of PLAY for Irishtown Community Centre Catch the LAST ACE
Lottery License # 0178444 131 001
The Irishtown Community Centre Catch the LAST Ace lottery is a progressive raffle lottery; a multiple-draw game in which participants purchase tickets for a weekly chance to win, and is managed and instituted by member of the Irishtown Community Centre.
ICC Catch the LAST Ace Tickets will be sold CASH ONLY
- Tickets are $5.00 each
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age – proof of age may be required at ticket outlets
- Tickets can be purchased with CASH only at designated locations
- Ticket DRAW time and LOCATION will be identified on the TICKET and posted where tickets are sold
- Cash tickets are in TWO parts; one the ticket itself (retained by the purchaser) and the larger ticket stub
- Both parts of the ticket should have the same board number clearly written as chosen by the purchaser OR check off if the purchaser wishes to be called if their ticket is drawn.
- The ticket purchaser must enter a VALID Board number from the list of available numbers remaining in play published for that week’s draw or will receive a phone call with a time limit of 15 minutes to respond.
- The ticket purchaser will be responsible to ensure that the ticket and stub are FILLED OUT CORRECTLY and LEGIBLY.
- Group tickets must have ONE full name printed clearly on the front of ticket designated as the captain. With captain in brackets beside. That individual is then responsible for dispersal of winnings to group. The group name to be printed clearly on the back of ticket.
- The use of sticker labels is not permitted.
- Should a bona fide member find tickets that have been physically altered in any way, those found tickets will be marked void and the bona fide member will rewrite a replacement ticket to be entered into the current draw.
- Each weekly ticket batch will be unique from draw to draw (in number sequence, and weekly draw number). There will be NO duplication of ticket numbers per weekly draw under the license. Tickets will be purchased and the ticket numbers will be logged for each draw and cross referenced prior to selling tickets.
- Cash tickets will be sold on a weekly basis starting the next morning at the end of the current draw and terminating the next week on Wednesday evening 6:00pm at the ICC.
- Tickets will be sold on a weekly basis at designated cash locations until 12:00pm on the day of the draw. Tickets will be available for purchase at the ICC until 6:00pm with the draw commencing at 6:30pm.
- The tickets are ONLY eligible and valid for the weekly draw in which they were purchased.
- Tickets can also be purchased via E-Transfer by doing the following – Email your Full Name, Phone Number, and VALID board number or mention to be called if their ticket is drawn to email@example.com or fill out the information as mentioned below on the website www.irishtowncommunitycentre.ca. After that is done, please send funds to firstname.lastname@example.org to finalize the ticket sale. Within 24hrs of receiving this, we will reply with a photo of the ticket(s) filled out. These ticket sales will cease at 12:00pm Tuesday (1 day prior to Wednesday draw).
- The Irishtown Community Centre reserves the right to limit the number of tickets sold to an individual or group of people per weekly draw.
- The Catch the LAST Ace Draw sales will continue until the LAST ACE has been drawn. Once that takes place, the CURRENT Catch the LAST Ace Draw will end.
Prize money allocations will be as follows:
- Twenty percent (20%) of the weekly sales will go directly to the winner of the ticket drawn.
- Thirty percent (30%) of the weekly sales will be added to the PROGRESSIVE PRIZE Jackpot.
- Fifty percent (50%) of the weekly sales will be allocated to the Irishtown Community Centre.
Should the winner of the ticket chosen have selected the envelope containing the LAST ACE, the winner will be awarded:
- The Twenty percent (20%) of the weekly sales
- The total rising Progressive Jack pot of monies including the Thirty percent (30%) of the proceeds from the sale of the tickets in the current weekly draw.
If in the event, an invalid board number was identified on the winning ticket stub or NO number, the purchaser will be called immediately with a 15-minute time limit to respond, if no response the following will apply: The number of the weeks left will be shown on a bingo board and bingo balls will be put into a bingo cage and draw the first number that comes out.
Weekly ticket draws will be CONDUCTED and MANAGED by a minimum of two (2) bona fide members of the Irishtown Community Centre.
One (1) bona fide member of the Irishtown Community Centre will announce the draw details, and then proceed to DRAW the winning ticket from the Raffle drum, announce the weekly winner from the drawn ticket and announce the board number chosen.
Immediately prior to each draw the following will be announced to those present and publicly via Facebook live:
- The number of the current weekly Draw
- The Ticket Sales of the current weekly Draw
- The Draw Prize (Twenty Percent (20%) of the weekly sales)
- The current Progressive Jackpot amount (including the Thirty percent (30%) from the weekly sales for the current draw)
- Cumulative proceeds to the Irishtown Community Centre.
The other bona fide member of the Irishtown Community Centre will; shuffle the deck of cards, place them on the Numbered Board, shake the draw drum to mix the tickets, turn over the card of the chosen board number, and reveal and announce the card, and destroy the revealed card. This member will also call the number on the winning ticket to inform the winner of the prize amount and how to claim their prize.
Those two (2) bona fide members who conduct and manage the draw MUST NOT HAVE A TICKET IN THE DRAW IN THEIR NAME or have someone purchase a ticket for them in their name for that weekly draw.
The bona fide member drawing the winning ticket MUST NOT have purchased, or have had someone purchase a ticket for them in their name for that weekly draw.
Other than those listed above, all other people assisting in the weekly draw, including a bona fide member of the Irishtown Community Centre who are NOT conducting/managing the draw, will be eligible to have a ticket in the draw in their name.
Ticket draws will take place at 6:30pm every Wednesday starting on Wednesday February 9th , 2022 at the Irishtown Community Centre. It is guaranteed that the draw will not take place prior to this time. However, depending on a number of factors, it may take place after this time. Organizers will do their best to keep as close to 6:30pm as possible, though delays are possible and at times inevitable. Should there be a need to cancel a regularly scheduled ticket draw; potential participants will be notified on our website www.irishtowncommunitycentre.ca , through our Facebook page: Irishtown Community Centre
At 6:30pm, one (1) ticket will be randomly drawn from all tickets sold in the week leading up to the current draw. The name of the winning ticket holder will be announced along with the board number chosen.
The winning ticket holder will receive the weekly prize amounting to twenty percent (20%) of the weekly draw ticket sales.
After the announced board number card, all remaining cards will be flipped over on the board to show the remaining ACE(s)
If the LAST ACE is selected, in addition to winning the prize from the draw, the ticket purchaser will win the progressive jackpot.
The ticket purchaser drawn does NOT have to be in attendance to win.
All draws will be video recorded and available to the licensing authority upon request. The video recording will be in high definition at least 720p in a well-lit environment with unobstructed views of all raffle activities including:
- Selection of the winning draw ticket
- Selection of the Board Number by the bearer on the winning ticket
- Reveal of the playing card
- Destruction of the playing card
- Turn over remaining cards until all remaining ACE(S) are shown
All video recordings will be maintained for at least thirty (30) calendar days from the draw date, after which time they may be deleted or destroyed as determined by GLSL.
Any winning ticket holder who is paid a prize agrees to grant to the Irishtown Community Centre an irrevocable right to publish through all types of media broadcasting, including the internet for purposes of promoting the win, their full name, hometown and photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing or other rights. The winning ticket holder who is paid a prize also gives the Irishtown Community Centre the right to publish any additional information that they voluntarily provide. The winning ticket holder shall have no claim against the Irishtown Community Centre for invasion of privacy or any other grounds by reason of the publication or broadcasting their name, hometown or photograph or information voluntarily provided by the winner.
If it is deemed that at any point during the Lottery, the bona fide members who are conducting and managing the draw cannot ensure the safety of participants, staff, volunteers and the public through every reasonable measure has been taken, those bona fide members will conclude the current lottery on the following Thursday.
AFTER WEEKLY DRAW DETAILS
Tickets are valid only for the draw for which they are purchased. Once the draw is completed, the non-winning tickets are removed from the raffle drum. A new series of tickets will be sold for the next draw.
After each draw that does NOT produce the LAST ACE, the remaining cards will be kept in a secure location.
At the conclusion of each draw, all non-winning tickets will be removed from the drum, and destroyed.
At the conclusion of each draw, the WEEKLY Winner will be contacted by a bona fide member of the Irishtown Community Centre and the WEEKLY Winner will be announced publicly on our FACEBOOK Page; Irishtown Community Centre, on our website www.irishtowncommunitycentre.ca
All weekly winners along with associated weekly prize allocations and Progressive Jackpot will be available to the public on our FACEBOOK Page; Irishtown Community Centre, on our website www.irishtowncommunitycentre.ca
Winning tickets will remain on file in accordance with the requirements of the raffle license.
A record will be kept of all draws, including the sequence of ticket numbers and other characteristics of tickets in play (weekly identifiers etc.)
The Rules of Play will be made available to all participants through our FACEBOOK Page; Irishtown Community Centre and on our website www.irishtowncommunitycentre.ca
All funds raised, less allowable expenses, will support the upkeep for the Irishtown Community Centre through the registered charity operating in Irishtown, New Brunswick:
CHARITABLE REGISTRATION NUMBER: 83357 7141 RT0001
The Catch the LAST ACE reports, along with all supporting documentation will be submitted to the licensing authority once the target card is drawn and prize money awarded.
Any and all concerns or complaints with this process are to be brought to the attention of the licensee: Irishtown Community Centre, 2605 Rte 115, Irishtown, NB E1H 2M5
The Irishtown Community Centre reserves the right to publish a photo and/or name of the winning ticket holder each week on our Facebook page, website and any or all local media outlets at our discretion.
New Brunswick Gambling Helpline: 1-800-461-1234